Monday, November 28, 2011

Memory Lane... :)

This time of year most fine themselves taking a nice jaunt through memory lane... It can be funny, sad or even touching. For this season I have a few things that I like to reminisce.

My first debit card. It was true love at first swipe. Being able to not count cash and having my balance always available on my phone, we made a perfect match. That is until it became a habit of me swiping within .03 cents of overdrawing the day after payday..

That is why my first memory was created. My dear friend, Corey Martin came back in town for Christmas! He goes to school in Colorado, so every time he is in town we meet up for coffee on his last night here. It has always been a fun tradition over the past few years... Until he made me cut my debit card up!!! It's a long story of how it took place, but the fact is.. with his hand over mine, I was forced to cut it up. Don't worry though, I kindly scrap-booked the card. So it is still with me at heart.

Corey and I after he made me cut up my debit card... Notice how  he looks happier.
My next memory is with my friend Casey. Two Christmases' ago he left on his mission, since he was one of my best friends I made him a few ties to take with him.
This is one out of three he has. :)
Sitting down and putting some good memories onto some ties for him was so much fun! The best part is though, that this Christmas, he will be home. December 7th he will be arriving a the airport, and I will be there with his family! Hopefully he is wearing one of the ties I made him. ;)

I could go on forever with memories of this time of year. A lot more good ones, and an equal amount of bad memories unfortunately. I will stop here though, just so that you don't know everything about my life, the good and the ugly. 

I hope you enjoyed some good and funny memories of mine!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment