Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween!

Once a year there comes a holiday that breaks all the rules. We call this holiday Halloween. Halloween brings one day a year when girls can dress however they want and not get called a slut.

Some people chose to dress up as bunnies or other things most people in Utah would call scandalous.. But it's a fun time of the year. For instance I was Daphne (from the Scooby Show), Kaylin was a Football Referee and my friend Mike was a Spartan! We chose to do costumes on the fun side, and not the scandalous side like some do.

Our Halloween costumes
With all these fun costumes, people need a place to go. So we had more than 130 students meet up in Burley, Idaho for a fabulous Halloween weekend. The hotel allowed us to throw a huge dance party and everyone was able to have a good time! With all the lights, loud music, body heat and more.. a few of us needed to take a quick run to the gas station for some drinks.

Headed to the gas station!
Refreshments are necessary when you are dying from heat and laughter from a good time. In order to have a good time and get the best costumes, can be hard! While trying to figure out what we should be before the weekend started, Kaylin and I did some brainstorming. We found a website for traditional outfits, http://www.buycostumes.com, but we wanted to find some humorous costumes.

The Bachelor, a Leaf-Blower, and Disfunctional Pageant Queens, were a few cool ideas I happened to stumble across. I wish I could say that I was so creative I came up with all of these costume ideas... But I didn't. I got them from the awesome website http://costumeideazone.com/, you should all take a look!

Now that I told you all a little bit about my weekend and costume ideas.. I want to hear, what were you for Halloween?!





No comments:

Post a Comment