Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Doldrums...

Night classes.. can be great since you only have to go once a week. The down side though is the  three hours you have to sit painfully still in the class!  For the fall semester, you also have to face the gloomy fact that the sky is dark when you get to class, and black when you leave the class.

If you haven't noticed yet, this post I have written is left justified. That is because as I am painfully sitting in class right now, I needed to see something different!!!

The past three weeks, I have felt that school is painfully dull at night. I have tried occupying my class time by: listening, facebook-ing, blogging for another class, writing essays and taking notes. All these as my teacher would probably say, are my ways of trying to cope with being bored and feeling as if I am stuck in a doldrums. 

Rational constructive thinking is another useful coping skill. I know this because Julee Smith, my teacher who I am not fully listening to right now.. just informed me of. Using rational thinking is a wonderful thing. I can rationalize my reason s for coming to class,  such as:
  • I would like to be succesfull in life.
  • Graduating college is important.
  • The information being given to me is important, and very applicable to my life.
  • Getting a good grade for self gratification and so that my parents money isn't wasted...
Just so that my time is used wisely right now, since I have paid Weber State in order to sit in the doldrums of a night class... I decided to think of peaceful things. I have a picture of my sweet little 14 pound dog, that loves to sleep.

Little Bently sleeping on my laundry.

Looking at how peaceful my dog looks, reminds me of how peaceful my life will be. When I get home and lay down on the couch with a warm and cozy fire going, Bently on my lap, and a nice blanket. Once I hit the couch I plan on forgetting the huge amount of homework I currently have. Then I will text my room-mate so that we can watch the new episode of Glee!

Well everyone, now that I have came up with a plan of action.. I am going to get back to class and focus on my new-found hope of having a great night class!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I completely agree with you. School can be a pain in the ass!!!

    ReplyDelete