Monday, March 26, 2012

The start of something new!

So I am finally updating my blog... I haven't done this in a while, but I need to start posting on here. I am intending to use this blog to keep everyone updated on how I am doing on my journey to New Zealand and back! To start I am going to post a copy of my support letter.


Dear Friends and Family,
           
I am writing you this letter to share about an amazing opportunity that God has put on my heart. After going to Uganda in May of 2010 and working with an orphanage, I came home to family problems. Having experienced both good and bad that year, I had a feeling God wanted me to use it to help other teens. 
After meeting with Jimi Pitts, my missions pastor, I knew that the Lord was calling me to go and serve overseas. A few months ago I was able to finalize plans with Life Zone Church in Tauranga, New Zealand to go out and serve as a youth ministry intern! I am so excited to have this opportunity to not only go out and serve the Lord and people of Tauranga, but also to see how God wants to once again change and mold me into a better servant for his Kingdom.
            On this adventure, I will be helping however I am needed, part of that includes mentoring their youth, leading a Bible studies, and attending the 'Get Smart' conference with them. Their website is http://www.highlifeyouth.com, if you would like more information on their core values for their Youth Ministries. I will also post all of the various links you might find interesting, and my latest updates on my blog which you can find at this address: http://alifethatshines.blogspot.com/.  
I will be leaving on April 22nd and will not return home until July 24th. I would absolutely love for you to join me on this journey by praying for me. Some specific things I would like to receive prayer for would be that:
~        God will use me to speak wisdom and truth into the youth.
~        I remain healthy and focused on the duration of the trip.
~        Also that others will be able to see the love of Christ through our various interactions.
Along with prayer support, I am also seeking financial support. I need to raise approximately $3400 to cover the cost of the trip. If you feel led to contribute financially (it is tax deductible!!!) I would greatly appreciate it. The address of my home church is Washington Heights Church 1770 E. 6200 S. Ogden, Ut. 84405. If you are sending  a check, please indicate on the memo line my name and New Zealand.
            I would greatly appreciate your consideration of support in helping to make my trip possible whether through prayer or monetary donations.  The verse I hold as inspiring for this journey I found in Philippians 2:2, "Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind."

Samantha Ramsey

I bought my ticket a while ago, and experience so many hardships! I had never booked my own overseas ticket and had no idea about the Visa Waiver Program.. The Visa Waiver Program makes it so that you don't have to obtain a Visa while in the foreign country. It turns out that I was going to be over staying my welcome by four days.. and was not able to meet the requirements to obtain a Visa.
Thankfully, after a 'nice' fee the airline changed my ticket, and it was such a humbling experience. As finals approach and the date for me to leave comes closer I can't believe this is really happening. I am so excited and can't wait! at the same time though.. I feel so nervous! Sometimes though, nerves can be good. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment